Kabale is a city in the Western Region of Uganda and is the chief town of Kabale, and the district headquarters are located there.
Kabale is located in the Kigezi sub-region. It is approximately 420 kilometers, by road, southwest of Kampala, Uganda’s capital and largest city.
The town lies 2,000 meters above sea level. The coordinates of Kabale are: 01 15 00S, 29 59 24E (Latitude:-1.2500; 29.9900).
Points of interest
- headquarters of Kabale District Administration
- offices of Kabale City Council
- Kabale Regional Referral Hospital, a 250-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- branch of the National Social Security Fund
- Kabale Currency Centre, a currency storage and processing facility owned and operated by the Bank of Uganda, Uganda’s Central Bank
- campus of Kabale University, a private university
- Kabale Airport, a civilian airport operated by Kabale Municipality
- Kabale Campus of Uganda Martyrs University.
- The Mountain steep slopes
- Lake Bunyonyi
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Kabale
- Kabale Airport
- Kabale–Kisoro–Bunagana Road
- Mbarara–Ntungamo–Kabale–Katuna Road